Yay or Nay? Nimona (Graphic Novel)



I often read mangas and graphic novels. They tend to be quick but often unexpectedly poignant stories, with loveable characters and memorable themes. I'm also lazy and a slow reader, so knocking out them graphic novels is much easier.



Nimona by Noelle Stephenson was certainly not an exception. So, today I wanted to share this short little review with you, since this book deserves much more exposure and popularity.

The notorious villain, INSERT NAME, is visited by strange shapeshifter named Nimona one day. She is adamant on becoming his sidekick. And so together they stir up some trouble in town. They rob banks, take on the Big Brother, and many more fun shenanigans!



Portrays current events and conspiracies. I believe that the government is hiding all kinds of shit from us, and that it is villainizing the good just because they don’t agree with the status quo, and the sanctify themselves while all they do is work towards increasing their power and wealth. Makes me so angry. 

This novel, which appear cutesy at first, actually gives hope that there's are some chances (albeit small) at conquering the roots of evil that are everywhere!!! I may sound like a maniac, but I don't care!! I may write a manifesto after this #takingovertheworld



Characters are lovable, and very well developed and complex. The author could have easily just fit them to the typical hero/villain/sidekick archetypes, but she went much deeper into their personalities. They all had rich backstories, told in such a touching way, that I couldn’t help but fall in love with all of the characters completely.



In addition to all of that, the art was quirky and very professionally done, and the entire novel was filled with some lovely humour. I read it in an extremely short amount of time - it was that entertaining and engaging all throughout. Everybody read this!

4.5 Stars!



Comments

Popular Posts